About Me

My photo
To look life in the face, always, to look life in the face. And to know it for what it is. At last to know it, to love it for what it is, and then, to put it away.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Xi'an

I've been in Xi'an for 3 days, now i really admire those who are good at traveling in winter. It's not that temparuture is particularally low, it's because i've been outdoor from 9 to 4pm, my body temparature drops to the threatening level and i just feel so, so cold.

So when i went to the Hua Qing Chi today, where Tang Xuan Zhong and Yang Gui Fei has a bitter-ending romance, i had to get myself a hot spring tub because i could not go on feeling like my feets weren't mine. Came back to think of it, it was a really "brave" move. My body was refusing to give in even though i doubt the hygiene level. Now i just hoped that it was a clean one. Please pray for me fellows.

Xi'an is a nice and cheap city, which are great news to me. And the tourism people aren't that "polluted" like the other places, i dunno is it becoz of my experiences, or it's just because Xi'an people are more sincere. I hope they stay the way they are and make everyone happy.

One thing to note is that, china has a "fear policy" for tourists. They always "caution" or "warn" tourists in order for the tourists to buy their services. I heard it once in a marketing class, "fear policy" is one of the most effective ways to get female customers. By thinking of this, i would give up every single tempting offer in Xi'an even though it was cheap. I think i am a stubborn ass, too bad.

Xi'an has the best food to offer, i think i've put on some weight just by 3 days. Their food are unique, with the muslim food from Xinjiang also, all i can say it's "wow". I am not a big fan of trying new food on my traveling, due to reasons like hygiene level and stuffs, but Xi'an really won me over. I even drank sugar cane juices by the roadside, i felt like "commiting suicide" when i drank it.

There's another 2 days to go in Xi'an, today i am not feeling really well, feel like puking all the time so i didn't enjoy the tourist spots that much. I hope by some rest and food, i will be able to recover to my strength and get on with tomorrow's plan.

2 comments:

tehkahyeim said...

try not to stay outdoor for hours ... get in to tea houses / fast food outlets to grab a hot drink ... that's one of the tips travelling in the winter.

where's next after Xi'an?

Justine 林诗琬 said...

You are only telling me now??? hahaha..

Yuppie i've done that. Still, winter is just a bit too much for my equator body ^_^